A few things to consider before viewing them:
- In these PCT videos are really slide shows featuring photos and music blended together.
- I made these videos for presentations that I gave on the PCT. The music soft enough during my presentations so that the audience could hear my voice.
- The music is meant to convey the emotions we were feeling. For example, the ominous, heavy music at the start of the Washington PCT video reflects how rough it was at the beginning of the trail with all the snow.
- The reason the videos sometime stay abnormally long on some photos is that I had a long story to say about that photo.
- These videos may not make sense if you're not hearing me narrate the slides, but perhaps you'll get something out of them anyway!
Video of Francis Tapon's adventures before the PCT
My preparation for the PCT included the Appalachian Trail, 500 miles of hiking in the Sierra Nevada, and climbing several volcanoes in the Cascade Range in the Pacific Northwest. This video is about three minutes, fast and fun.
Francis Tapon's Adventures Before the PCT in 2006 from Francis Tapon on Vimeo.
First 100 Miles of the Pacific Crest Trail video
Maiu couldn't get a visa to Canada, so I hiked the first 70 miles of the PCT alone. For logistical reasons, I had to do those 70 miles in 48 hours. This is an 8 minute video about that experience.
First 100 Miles of the PCT, Southbound - Francis Tapon from Francis Tapon on Vimeo.
Washington Pacific Crest Trail video
Pacific Crest Trail in Washington in July 2006 - PCT Thru-Hike - Francis Tapon and Maiu Reismann from Francis Tapon on Vimeo.
Oregon Pacific Crest Trail video
Pacific Crest Trail in Oregon - PCT Thru-hike of Francis Tapon and Maiu Reismann from Francis Tapon on Vimeo.
Northern California Pacific Crest Trail video
North California on the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) - a thru-hike by Francis Tapon and Maiu Reismann from Francis Tapon on Vimeo.
Southern California Pacific Crest Trail video
Pacific Crest Trail in Southern California - PCT Thru-hike by Francis Tapon and Maiu Reismann from Francis Tapon on Vimeo.
The southbound Pacific Crest Trail thru-hike summed up in a 10 minute video
I did not use this video for my presentations. I just put it together for YouTube (they have a 10 minute limit). However, if you only have 10 minutes, then this is the best on to watch.