If you are interested in advertising on my website or being a guest blogger, then read this page.
Traffic and Web Statistics
I started my website in 2004. Below are some statistics about my site as of May 2012.
My Google Page Rank is 5, which is excellent for an individual blogger.
My Klout score is 62. Klout categorizes me as a Broadcaster. That means: "You broadcast great content that spreads like wildfire. You are an essential information source in your industry. You have a large and diverse audience that values your content."
FYI: Klout scores go from 1-100 and the average Klout score is 40.
My current Alexa rank, along with the number of websites that link to my site, is below:
FYI: It doesn't sound impressive, but being one of the top million sites on Alexa is good because there are 366 million sites. So being in the top million puts you in the top 0.27% of sites. Getting in the top 100,000 is excellent. Only a handful of individuals have sites in the top 10,000. Here's the Alexa rank of the personal website of three people: Rick Steves (36,000), Bill Gates (78,000), and Obama (4,687).
FrancisTapon.com gets about 25,000 unique visitors per month (see screen shot below, taken in early Dec 2012).
- 2,200+ Facebook friends/followers
- 800+ Twitter followers
- 300+ RSS subscribers
- 2,000+ on my mailing list
If you add it all up, I have over 5,000 people who are connected to me and/or my site.
The following domains all redirect to FrancisTapon.com:
There are five types of ads:
- Sponsored link for $199. I write an article and incorporate the link that you want in the article.
- Banner ad for $199 per month. This will appear on every page throughout the site, except the Forum.
- Banner ad on the top and bottom of every Forum page for $99 per month. The Forum gets significant traffic.
- 1,000 banner impressions for $29. This banner can appear anywhere you wish (except the Forum); the Joomla software monitors the number of impressions.
- Sponsored post/review for $299. I review your product/service/destination in an unbiased way.
The 10 Rules about Guest Blogging at FrancisTapon.com
By writing a guest post, you'll get exposed to thousands of new readers and get a link to your site from a high ranking site (that's valuable)! All you have to do is follow these 10 simple, reasonable rules:
- Subjects: Write about Eastern Europe (e.g., politics, travel, location, culture, etc.), backpacking, traveling, travel tips, or self-help/personal development. Other subjects might work, but check first.
- Length: 500 to 3,000 words. The longer, the better (but don't ramble).
- Must be original: Don't submit something that has been published elsewhere. Exceptions: photos that you want to use in a photo-blog or excerpts from a book you've written might work.
- Consider running your idea by me first: If you've already written the original article, then just send it. But if you haven't written it, then tell me what you intend to write in 1-2 sentences. If I don't like the idea, then you won't waste your time.
- Photos or videos: Provide at least one relevant photo or video (that doesn't violate anyone's copyright). You can use photos/videos that you have been posted elsewhere.
- Byline: Provide a one-sentence byline about yourself, including a link to whatever destination you want (e.g., your webpage, Twitter, Facebook).
- Links in the article: No more than one external link in the article—and it can't be a site that you're involved with. No limit to the number of FrancisTapon.com links within the article.
- I may edit it: I hate editing, but I'll let you know if I change anything significant.
- One-month exclusivity: Do not re-post the article anywhere for one month. Afterwards, you may re-post it only on your site. When you re-post on your site, you agree to link back to my site by writing somewhere in the article, "This article was originally posted on Francis Tapon's site about Eastern Europe." Please email me if/when you re-post it on your site.
- Publicity: Once the article publishes on my site, you agree to tweet about (if you have a Twitter account) and post it on your Facebook Wall.
If you agree to all this, then email me your article or ideas at