If you are interested in advertising on my website or being a guest blogger, then read this page.
Traffic and Web Statistics
I started my website in 2004. Below are some statistics about my site as of October 2015.
My Google Page Rank is 5, which is excellent for an individual blogger.
My Klout score is 65. According to Klout, "Users with a score of 63 are in the top 5% of all users."
My current Alexa rank, along with the number of websites that link to my site, is below:
FYI: It doesn't sound impressive, but being one of the top million sites on Alexa is good because there are 366 million sites. So being in the top million puts you in the top 0.27% of sites. Getting in the top 100,000 is amazing. Only a handful of individuals have sites in the top 10,000.
FrancisTapon.com gets over 70,000 unique visitors per month (see screenshot below).
- 4,500+ Facebook friends/followers
- 1,500+ Twitter followers
- 1,000+ RSS subscribers
- 5,000+ on my mailing list
If you add it all up, I have over 12,000 people who are connected to me and/or my site.
The following domains all redirect to FrancisTapon.com:
There are 6 types of ads. All the links from my ads are no-follow links, per Google's recommendation:
- You write an advertorial for $99. You will get one link and the article must follow the 10 rules below.
- I write an article that incorporates your link for $199. The subject will be a mutually agreed upon topic.
- Banner ad for $49 per month. This will appear on every page throughout the site, except the Forum.
- Banner ad on the top and bottom of every Forum page for $19 per month. The Forum gets significant traffic.
- 1,000 banner impressions for $19. This banner can appear anywhere you wish (except the Forum); the Joomla software monitors the number of impressions.
- I review product/service/destination for $99. I will be unbiased and critical.
My 10 Writing Rules
By writing a guest post or advertorial, you'll get exposed to thousands of new readers and get a link to your site from a high ranking site (that's valuable)! All you have to do is follow these 10 simple, reasonable rules:
- Minimum Length: 1,000+ words. The longer, the better (but don't ramble).
- Subjects: Write about Africa or Eastern Europe (e.g., politics, travel, location, culture, etc.), backpacking, traveling, travel tips, or self-help/personal development. Other subjects might work, but check first.
- Must be original and interesting: If you're going to write about a well-known subject, it must be super interesting and original. If I don't learn something new, I probably won't publish it. Don't submit something that has been published elsewhere. Exceptions: photos that you want to use in a photo-blog or excerpts from a book you've written might work.
- Consider running your idea by me first: If you've already written the original article, then just send it. But if you haven't written it, then tell me what you intend to write in 1-2 sentences. If I don't like the idea, then you won't waste your time.
- Photos or videos: Provide at least one relevant photo or video (that doesn't violate anyone's copyright). You can use photos/videos that you have been posted elsewhere.
- Byline: Provide a one-sentence byline about yourself, including ONE link to whatever destination you want (e.g., your webpage, Twitter, Facebook).
- Links in the article: No more than one external link in the article—and it can't be a site that you're involved with. If you prefer to give up your byline link in order to have a link in the article, that's fine. If you put a bunch of self-serving links in the article, they will all be no-follow links. No limit to the number of FrancisTapon.com links within the article.
- I may edit it: I hate editing, but I'll let you know if I change anything significant.
- One-month exclusivity: Do not re-post the article anywhere for one month. Afterward, you may re-post it only on ONE site. When you re-post on your site, you agree to link back to my site by writing somewhere in the article, "This article was originally posted on Francis Tapon's site about Eastern Europe." Please email me if/when you re-post it on your site.
- Publicity: Once the article publishes on my site, you agree to tweet about (if you have a Twitter account) and post it on your Facebook Wall.