The special deal
This is the ebook version of The Hidden Europe: What Eastern Europeans Can Teach Us. After you buy this ebook, you'll be able to download:
- The .epub version, which is compatible with every ebook reader except the Amazon Kindle (e.g., you can read it on an iPad, iPhone, Nook, Sony Reader, iRiver reader, a PC with a free eBook reader app, etc.) - 29 MB
- The .mobi version, which is compatible with the Kindle. The cool part is that this Kindle version includes 55+ photos (if you buy it from Amazon's Kindle store, the photos aren't included). - 15 MB
- The .pdf version, which is suitable for viewing or printing - 7 MB. You can download the PDF of the book's photos for free.
Don't worry that the files sizes are different. Different formats produce different file sizes. It's the same content in all three files. Kindle users rejoice: you'll be getting photos that other Kindle users won't get when they buy directly from Amazon. :)
Also, all ebook versions are DRM-free, unlike at any other ebook store. Still, please respect the author's work and don't share it since it's his main income source and he likes to eat.
After downloading the file, transfer it onto your ebook reader and enjoy. (Transfering data onto an iPad is a pain, so we suggest you visit your download page from your iPad and download the ePub directly from there.)
To learn more about the book, visit The Hidden Europe webpage.
Back of Book
Francis Tapon yearned for a European adventure, but Western Europe seemed too tame and passé. So he traveled for 3 years visiting every Eastern European country—all 25 of them.
The Hidden Europe cleverly mixes insightful facts with hilarious personal anecdotes. It's profound, yet light. Francis Tapon is a sharp observer who helps you distinguish a Latvian from a Lithuanian, while not confusing Slovenia with Slovakia.
You'll also learn:
- Why Baltic people are human squirrels.
- When and why Poland disappeared from Europe.
- Why Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia broke up.
- Why Hungarians are really Martians.
- How Slovenians learn languages so quickly.
- Why the Balkans is so screwed up.
- Why there's much more to Romania than Dracula.
- Which Moldovan tradition saves marriages.
- What the future holds for Belarus, Ukraine, Russia.
- Why communism was a dream . . . and a nightmare.
The ebook has 60 color photos!
Dust Jacket flaps
When people say that they're "going to Europe," they're usually referring to Western Europe. But what about Eastern Europe? You don’t really know Europe until you visit its mysterious eastern side.
Francis Tapon’s quest was simple: explore every country in Eastern Europe from the Gulf of Finland to the Black Sea. He saw them all in 2004 and then returned in 2008 to revisit them to see what had changed. He finally left in 2011 to share a side of Europe that few know.
Starting in the Baltic, you'll move through Belarus, Poland, Slovakia and get as far west as Slovenia before heading south into the thrilling Balkans. Then you'll head northeast through Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, and Russia. It's a 25-country adventure spanning several years!
The Hidden Europe is an entertaining travelogue that also shares practical lessons that will impact your day-to-day life. You’ll learn about today's Eastern Europe along with understanding the complex history of this fascinating region.
You’ll also see how the locals live and realize that they do some things better than most of the world. You’ll understand why smart money and groundbreaking tourists are flocking to this undiscovered territory. Best of all, you won’t have to deal with the grumpy train ticket vendors.
The Hidden Europe Deal
- Product Code: THE-DEAL
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $29.99