Traversing Spain Twice
Crossing the Pyrenees and hiking El Camino Santiago
In this 40-minute high definition video, Francis Tapon backpacks across Spain twice, once across the Pyrenees and once across El Camino Santiago.
The journey starts in Cap de Creus, in Spain and then goes to Banyuls-sur-Mer, France. From there, he starts to climb up into the Pyrenees. He goes through Andorra and then to Mt. Aneto, the tallest mountain in the Pyrenees. He eventually finishes in Hendaye having using the GR10, GR11, and HRP. Then, he rejoins El Camino Santiago, goes through Los Picos de Europa, arrives and Santiago de Compostela and finishes in Fisterra.
The video comes in two formats. You can download one or both. Here are the recommendations on which one will work best for you:
If you have a modern Windows PC, then get the 975 MB .zip file. The quality is superb. Within the .zip file is an .exe file. Open it and the video will play. Unlike .mpg files, the .exe file uses your computer's processor to produce the movie on the fly. So it takes less space than the same quality .mpg file.
If you have a old Windows PC or a non-Windows PC, then get the 1.5 GB .mpg file. The quality is still high definition, just not high as the .exe file above. And it takes more space. Still, you'll enjoy it, or your money back!
Watch a third of the movie in medium resolution so you can preview what you're getting:
Instructions for the .exe application:
1. Extract the file and then open it.
2. If you go mouse over the bottom part of the video while it's playing, a bar pops up, complete with:
- a pause/play button
- an ability to jump to any part of the video
- a volume control
- a handy restore/maximize button (so you can surf the web with the video playing in a corner of your screen).
- an all-purpose menu button
Download tip: It's rare, but sometimes people have trouble downloading large files. In case you're having trouble, here are two tips to pulling it off.
- Download during an off-hour (doing it overnight). You'll have less competing traffic.
- Avoid wifi if you can. Connect it directly to a cable/Ethernet connection. It's much faster and stable than a wifi connection.
If none of this works, then I'll refund your money and I apologize for the troubles!
- Product Code: HYOH-V-SPAIN
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $2.99