How to get digital downloads
After you purchase a digital download (e.g., movie, ebook, slideshow), then you'll be presented a screen that says "If your purchase has an associated download, you can go to the account downloads page to view them."
A few people somehow don't see that message (perhaps because they expect the digital product to come via an email). Therefore, they send us an email, "Where are do I get my digital products?"
If you're one of those people, don't despair. Here's the solution. Assuming you have already purchased a digital product, then:
- Go to your account downloads page.
- You'll be prompted to sign into your account that you created when you bought the product.
- You'll come to a page that has all the digital products downloads that are available to you. Each digital product has a blue "Download" button to the right of it. Click on it to download the product.
- The digital product should be downloaded through your browser. (Where your browser puts its downloads depends on your browser. Check your browser's Help Menu if you're not sure where downloaded products go or how to retrieve them.)
If you bought an ebook, then you need to get it into your ebook reader. First download the right file. Use this guide:
- The .epub version, which is compatible with every ebook reader except the Amazon Kindle (e.g., you can read it on an iPad, iPhone, Nook, Sony Reader, iRiver reader, a PC with a free eBook reader app, etc.) - 29 MB
- The .mobi version, which is compatible with the Kindle. The cool part is that this Kindle version includes 55+ photos (if you buy it from Amazon's Kindle store, the photos aren't included). - 15 MB
- The .pdf version, which is suitable for viewing or printing - 7 MB. You can download the PDF of the book's photos for free.
Don't worry that the files sizes are different. Different formats produce different file sizes. It's the same content in all three files. Kindle users rejoice: you'll be getting photos that other Kindle users won't get when they buy directly from Amazon. :)
Also, all ebook versions are DRM-free, unlike at any other ebook store. Still, please respect the author's work and don't share it since it's his main income source and he likes to eat.
After downloading the file, transfer it onto your ereader and enjoy. If you don't know how to transfer stuff into your ereader, here are some tips:
- Kindle: Download the .mobi file to your computer. Transfer over USB. More tips.
- iPad: The easiest to go to your account downloads page from your iPad browser. Then log into your account and follow the steps above. Download the ePub file. If that doesn't work, follow this advice.
- Nook: Download the ePub file onto your computer. Transfer it to your Nook. More support.
If you still have trouble, email email@example.com.