Where is Lisa Garrett? What is she doing?

Can't find an appropriate place to post your topic? This is the catch all forum for stuff that can't be categorized anywhere else.
FrancisTapon
Site Admin

Where is Lisa Garrett? What is she doing?

Post by FrancisTapon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Hello!

I have always been interested in the outdoors…and now I just finished your book Hike your own Hike.

Fantastic! I do believe we have a lot in common on how we look at life. I started out the book thinking I would never hike the AT, I just want to read about someone’s experiences and life lessons. By the end, I think it is a serious future possibility.

I have a question about your companion. I not only got attached to you on your journey, I got attached to Lisa…she seems like a wonderful person. I went to your website to learn more about you…and I was hoping to learn more about her. Did she go to Europe, PCT, CDT with you? Is she going to Africa with you? I was half hoping that at the end of the AT, you would pull out a ring and propose! I’ll stop, I’m getting too personal. I’m just curious about you friendship.

Your book was inspiring…I have been looking into Backpacking for many years…I often consider my biggest mistake in college is not taking a backpacking class along with the SCUBA classes I took. I have read 5 books on backpacking now and watched 3 movies…and feel I am ready to give it a shot! I am going to try some trails here in Ohio first, and head to the smokies this summer.

Thank you for caring enough to write this book. I was greatly inspired to improve my life and the lives of the students I teach. I can take some of these lessons into the classroom and help some needy children.

I have a few quotes that inspire me i’d like to share.

A wildlife celebrity once said, “I have a messege for my fans. Whatever you want to do in this world, it is achievable. Be passionate, and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you’ll be a winner.”

An animated movie character said,”Do what’s necessary, cause even a miracle needs a hand.”

I find inspiration in all kinds of places…maybe that is why I love life so much.

Good luck in all your adventures! When the rain is pounding you or you lose your wallet or your tarp blows away or your down on yourself…remember me….i’m rooting for you!

Mark
Mark: Thanks for your email.

Lisa and I stayed together for a couple of years after the AT. Although we broke off our romantic involvement in 2003, we have always stayed close friends.

I went to Eastern Europe in 2004 alone, on the PCT with Maiu Reismann in 2006, and I did the CDT yo-yo alone in 2007.

In 2009 Lisa will graduate from UC Berkeley. Her lifelong dream was to get that degree. She hasn't been doing as much backpacking as she would like. However, she's taken up biking and often goes long distances in a single day.

Lisa is an amazing and beautiful woman who I still admire. :)
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com