How Do You Start a Travel Blog?

Can't find an appropriate place to post your topic? This is the catch all forum for stuff that can't be categorized anywhere else.
FrancisTapon
Site Admin

How Do You Start a Travel Blog?

Post by FrancisTapon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 am

Hi FT Staff,

I recently took a trip and had a few suggestions I thought might be of interest to you, seeing as you are a passionate blogger. Is this the best way to get in touch?

PS- I've been thinking about starting my own budget conscious travel blog, do you have any suggestions about how to get started with a nice and easy to use website? I know it might be an 'old persons' question but I'm quite savvy - I hear WordPress is good? Appreciate any pointers or articles you might send my way :-)

Warmest regards,

Jenna
Jenna,

The best way to communicate with me is via this forum, not email. That way others may benefit from our discussion.

My suggestions to start a travel blog:

1) Pick a UNIQUE angle. Budget conscious is good, but budget conscious in California (or some other region) is better and more specific. Another example: budget conscious history fanatic. Start narrow for at least 2 years and then consider slowly expanding.

2) Subscribe to the Break Into Travel Writing Podcast. Alexa offers excellent tips.

3) Although I use Joomla, most people use WordPress, so I would recommend that.

Good luck! :clap:
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com

ericceo

Re: How Do You Start a Travel Blog?

Post by ericceo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:43 pm

My father always liked to travel in every week. He had lots of experience on it. I found some diaries of him. He has written his travel experience and stories in his diaries. I want to share his experience and stories by creating a blog site. So I am going to start a travel blog. Thank you for your recommendations and I will keep it in my mind.

Sincerely
Eric