Searching for truth by HYOH

Discuss Francis Tapon's book, "Hike Your Own Hike: 7 Life Lessons from Backpacking Across America"
Chucklehead

Searching for truth by HYOH

Post by Chucklehead » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Francis Tapon, you have shown that "Hiking your Own Hike" can apply to more than just hiking; it can apply to our daily lives also. "Hiking your Own Hike" is about truth, in an individual way, insn't it? We can follow others, and do what they do, but we'll never be able to accomplish more, only less. Thinking for ourselves, finding that truth, is something that many are not well rehearsed at doing. It was nice to read a well thought out article from someone that used rational thinking, over political rheortic, to come to their "own" reasonable conclusions about something. Is Francis Tapon right? I don't know, but it is a valid argument and much better than most posed by "credible" sources. For many, the fight to be right over-rides the fight for truth. No matter how you slice that, it boils down to just plain ol' politics (and you see where that has gotten us).

How much do we considered how we each could "Hike our Own Hike" in our daily lives? If we look, we may be able to find that precious balance that brings us to where we want to be. -.-

FrancisTapon
Site Admin

Re: Searching for truth by HYOH

Post by FrancisTapon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks for your post. I moved it from the Climate Change thread because you seem to focus more on finding truth than on the climate change issue.

I agree with you, hiking your own hike is in essence an inner search for truth.
That's a profound observation you're making!
Thank you!
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com