Gettng to France trail head for Camino de Santiago

Discuss Francis Tapon's book, "Hike Your Own Hike: 7 Life Lessons from Backpacking Across America"
imlost

Gettng to France trail head for Camino de Santiago

Post by imlost » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Hello F.T.

Recommendations on HOW, including airline, train, boat names, to get to the trail head for the Camino with travel dates of July 1 2015 to Aug 30 2015. I heard an idea of flying from Taipei to Beijing - taking a plane or train to Moscow...catching a plane from there to a city in Europe with Euro rail status but no city name in Europe was provided. I am using a 15 inch screen HP laptop and have not found a map adequate to supply the geography info I need.

Confession: I just found your site yesterday and have not read ALL of the info here .... and have just started planning this adventure. Liked your 10 suck article on Camino. Good info there and GREAT photos.

Thanks.

Im Lost

FrancisTapon
Site Admin

Re: Gettng to France trail head for Camino de Santiago

Post by FrancisTapon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:14 pm

You could fly into Toulouse, France and then take bus/train to St. Jean Pied du Port.

If you prefer making the trail a bit shorter and avoid the climb over the Pyrenees, then fly into Pamplona and start from there. That would be the least hassle and you'll still get at least 3 weeks on El Camino.

Enjoy!
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com