Is The Hidden Europe appropriate for home-schooling?

Discuss Francis Tapon's upcoming book, "The Hidden Europe: What Eastern Europeans Can Teach Us."
FrancisTapon
Site Admin

Is The Hidden Europe appropriate for home-schooling?

Post by FrancisTapon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:55 pm

We would love to read and review your book. In fact, it will probably be great for the kids too as part of our homeschooling studies. As long as you don't mind us taking our time :-) We are a bit busy right now as we have another move coming up soon, but we would be happy to write about it.
The Hidden Europe is PERFECT for home schooling because it makes education fun. Many people have told me that they wish their history textbooks were written like my book because then they would actually remember something. Read an excerpt and you'll see what I mean.

However, certain pages are rated R. The sections are easy to find if you preview the chapter by reading the headings and skimming. You can either skip those sections or skip the whole chapter, if you prefer.

Chapters that have naughty sections are:
  • - Finland
    - Estonia
    - Slovenia
    - Greece
    - Moldova
Protective parents might not want their kids to read those sections. Read them yourself and decide.

Nevertheless, if you add up all these sections, it's about 2% of the book. With 736 pages, that leaves you 721 pages to read. :geek:

Oh, and sometimes use a bad word (mostly because I'm quoting someone who speaks that way). Again, this is not a textbook. :swear:

Enjoy!
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com