Did you make it (2)?

Discuss Francis Tapon's 2007 CDT Yo-Yo hike or specific issues about the CDT.
majjeff

Did you make it (2)?

Post by majjeff » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:26 pm

I was browsing the net when I ran across a story about the CDT. I was intrigued as I generally am by wilderness stories and in my quest for more information, I found your site.

Now I'm hooked! Your last post was almost a month ago, so I was wondering how you're doing? I read Colorado 2 but there was no date on the article.

I hope you are well, you now have one new fan rooting for you.
Jeff

FrancisTapon
Site Admin

On Sept 20, 2007 I'm in Lake City

Post by FrancisTapon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:56 am

Jeff: Thank you for your message! I'm still alive and hiking. I'm in Lake City right now, so I'm in good shape to finish.

Please sign up for my newsletter, because the website isn't always up to date with the latest. You can sign up at:

www.francistapon.com

Thank you for your interest and feel free to share more about your background! I'm glad you made contact!

Happy trails,
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com

havoc
Trusted Member

Lake City, CO

Post by havoc » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi Francis,
I hope you had a chance to eat at Poker Alice's in Lake City. It has some great pizza! Good luck on the rest of your trip. I look forward to hearing more about your trip and how your gear worked for you. Have fun and enjoy!!!
Robert

FrancisTapon
Site Admin

Lake City

Post by FrancisTapon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:04 am

Robert: I missed out on the pizza in Lake City! :x

However, I have good reason! I was walking to the library when someone called my name. I didn't know him, but his name is Lucky, and he's an experienced hiker. He introduced me to his new wife, Amy, whom I met in Lake City in May. It was lucky that I met Amy again and also I was lucky to meet Lucky!

They let me shower, do laundry, gave me some food, and then took me back to the trail along with another thru-hiker, Toek, from the Netherlands. :)

So I'll have to return to gorge on pizza in Lake City, one of my favorite trail towns, during my 2008 book tour! :D

Thanks for the tip!

Happy trails!
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com