How to Travel from Russia to the Caucauses

General posts about Eastern Europe and NOT directly related to Francis Tapon's upcoming book, "The Hidden Europe."
FrancisTapon
Site Admin

How to Travel from Russia to the Caucauses

Post by FrancisTapon » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:49 am

I am about to fly into Russia=i am terrified because I have such at tight budget so i plan to go to s t. petersberg and then get the hell out of there by bus but where do I go? i heard georgia is really friendly I don't like the cold and I am not as active as you are. I USed to be a gymnast but now I am a travelling couch potato-size 10. i love to swim in pools and travel but i have always travelled to cheap countries can you give me an itinerary I have been to all North CEntral a nd South american countries-I learned to speak spanish fluently through telenovelas-haha! But now I am flying somewhere where i do NOT speak the language and I don't know how I will plan. i am vagabonding. Eventually I WIll see all of asia but i want to see georgia and armenia first then I started reading your book and thought maybe I should see the p laces in austria I have always wanted to see while I head to eastern europe canyo u help give me any advice at all. I need FRIENDLY nice people so the balticis not on my list. Latinos are so friendly-not some chilenos or argentinians haha but the other mestizo latinos. SO please help direct me to FRIENDLY countries.
Also I am an e x model-I am not a size 6 anymore but I Look good with a litle more weight I look 28 and i am 45 on monday but i am concerned. I am not materialistic and do not want to be in fashionable places like the baltics. i just want to meet nice agricultural country people or people inci ties where they are not so fashion/ looks/ clothes conscious. yeah I have issues:D I need to be one of t h e good looking ones-not my fault my mo m put me in modeling at 5.
PLEASE help. I land in Moscow on march 15 and i am intelligent but not good with budgets a nd I don't want to be stuck. Also I can't sleep in a tent in the cold bc in minnesota i once got frost nip- not bite- when my car battery froze help! Any helpy ou can give this clueless hysterical woman will be appreciated:)
I have a budget of $1100 per month.
help you can give me with an itinerary of getting out of expensive russia and making my way down through europe and asia will be greatly appreciated!!!
Happy NEW Year!

- Svetlana

P.S. I'd like you to change my name because I have irrational paranoia and believe that people give a shit about my life and will find me in this obscure corner of the Internet by just seeing my first name. When I searched Svetlana, I found ONLY 48.6 million results on Google. That means, according to my "logic" that there's a pretty good chance people will know who I am! :worried:

If only I had a more common name, like Tatiana (which has 95.7 million results) or Irina (116 million results), then I might have a chance of being anonymous. But probably not. :tmi:

Dear Ms. Paranoid,

Given your tight travel budget, I recommend NOT going to Austria for now. Stick to Russia (where the US$ is strong against the ruble in early 2016).

Since you want to avoid the Baltics and you want to visit Armenia, then I suggest you get on a Russian train from Moscow, then go to St. Petersburg (if you can afford it, because it's going in the wrong direction). St. Petersburg is BEAUTIFUL and it would be a shame to miss it.

Then return to Moscow and then go south to Volgograd (and/or Rostov-on-Don).

Then see Sochi.

Then Georgia or Azerbaijan.

Then Armenia.

Good luck!
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com