Golite Stride shorts

If you have a question or comment on backpacking or thru-hiking, please post it here.

havoc
Trusted Member

Golite Stride shorts

Post by havoc » Fri May 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Speaking of umbrellas.......how did you like the Golite Stride shorts? Did they perform as expected, decrease or eliminate chaffing, wick well, and last? I am about to order some and I noticed them on your gear list and was just curious about your likes and dislikes, if any. Thanks again Francis,
Robert

FrancisTapon
Site Admin

GoLite Stride Shorts Review

Post by FrancisTapon » Wed May 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Robert: I really like the GoLite Stride shorts and I recommend them for the reasons you mentioned.

They lasted 6,000 miles and I suspect they could go another 6,000. There's hardly any wear and tear on them, especially considering that they were my only underwear for 7 months! :oops:

For those who are curious, I would hand wash them in town in a sink, wring them out, then put them back on (after cleaning myself). They would be slightly wet when I put them on, but within a few minutes they dry.

Sometimes wash them in town and then wash my GoLite Whim Wind Pants, which dry a faster than the shorts. I put on the pants and leave my shorts slung over my backpack to dry. ;)

Although I have chafed with other clothes, it's rare. I never chafed with the GoLite Stride.

The only negative is that they are not fashionable for men to wear. Fortunately, GQ magazine photographers aren't hanging out by the trailheads. :-D
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com

havoc
Trusted Member

Golite Stride shorts

Post by havoc » Wed May 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Not fashionable for men to wear??? I thought that is what the extra pair of socks was for!!! :D