What is a good mini-adventure in Europe?

If you have a question or comment on backpacking or thru-hiking, please post it here.

FrancisTapon
Site Admin

What is a good mini-adventure in Europe?

Post by FrancisTapon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:27 am

Hello, love following your adventures!
Wondering if you could help with a little advice.
Hubby and I are heading to the US for 3 weeks and then off to Turkey and around Europe.
We have a month to play with over there. We have been before so have seen many of the major sites and popular tourist destinations. (Paris, Rome, London, Barcelona etc) but we wanted to do something a little more adventurous that would get us out of our comfort zones (perhaps hiking, biking, going to Iceland). Can you suggest anything that doesn't take too much time but would give us the adrenaline rush we are looking for?
Cheers,
Aussie travellers
It's unclear how much time you'll have to play in Europe. I'm going to guess just a couple of weeks. If so, here are my top choices: Iceland is the only European country I have not visited. However, your idea of going there sounds great, especially after I saw what my friend, Jonathan Ley, saw when he hiked across Iceland. Amazing! However, since it's already mid-August, it sounds like you would be heading a bit late in the season to go to Iceland. Sept is already starting to get cold there, especially in the mountains/glaciers.

Let me know what you decide and how it goes! 8)
- Francis Tapon
http://FrancisTapon.com